What is your personal data?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Who are we?
Redlynch ONLINE is an unincorporated, voluntary, not-for profit venture solely owned and controlled by its webmaster. The webmaster of Redlynch ONLINE is the data controller (contact details below). This means the webmaster decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
The Redlynch ONLINE webmaster complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data (i) to enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public in the Redlynch area; and (ii) to inform you of news and activities of Redlynch ONLINE;
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services. Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body provided (i) the processing relates only to those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and (ii) there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
How long do we keep your personal data1?
We may keep data indefinitely for the purposes of Redlynch ONLINE.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable)
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please contact the Redlynch ONLINE webmaster, David Huckfield at Richardsons Farm, Redlynch, SP5 2NY or email@example.com
For more information about data protection, you can also contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.